Telephone and video consultations with GP surgeries

it would be interesting to know more about this Jo

Hi Jo,

Although my GP practice is outside of BSW I thought I’d still share my experiences

• have had telephone call with GP when i needed to discuss my medication - as other shave said the challenge is you are given a wide time slot in which they will call you back and then you have to hope if you are in a meeting etc. you can leave it to take the call.
  • recently called my practice with an issue, the GP phoned me back and said she wanted to see me - due rooms being busy she checked if I was Ok for her to come and see me in my car - the issue I had meant this was possible - it was a good experience and it was good not sitting for ages in a waiting room,

Hi Ruthie
I will mail you a briefing direct

Thanks for this Ruthie. Consultation in your car sounds like an interesting variation.

Hi Jo, I’ve had one telephone consultation with my GP at Whalebridge. The Doctor listened to what I needed to say and he was very helpful. A prescription was sent electronically to my chosen pharmacy. The consultation went well and was easy enough to discuss problems.

Thanks Coppertop. This is good to hear.

I’ve found telephone consultations to be very convenient provided that you’re not given a massive waiting window in which to expect the call. However, it can be easier/ more comfortable to talk about mental health problems in person if I am trying to seek support for them

Thanks LTing. The massive waiting window problem needs to be resolved somehow and hopefully a satisfactory mixture of face to face and other ways to consult will be the norm.