Thoughts on definitions of Long Covid

Please add thoughts on definitions of Long Covid.

(Please remember this is a public forum space… any comments will be fully publicly visible. Please do not share any personally sensitive information).

First thoughts for me, based on my own experience:
Long Covid is the recurrence and persistence of side effects and symptoms experienced at the time of Covid, with the addition of new experiences such as, for me, fantosmia. It is also about what I call “flare-ups” (for want of a better expression) which happen unannounced and which may be short or long.

My attempt at a simple definition for Long Covid:
‘Symptoms that continue to present for at least 12 weeks following an original Covid infection, and for which there is no other formal diagnosis’.
I think it’s important that the definition includes the fact that other possibilities for the relevant symptoms have been professionally eliminated.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on defining Long Covid.
A new forum space has been started to continue this conversation - How should we define Long Covid?. Please add any further thoughts in that forum rather than this one

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on defining Long Covid.
A new forum space has been started to continue this conversation - How should we define Long Covid?. Please add any further thoughts in that forum rather than this one